Sunday, August 22, 2010

Raw Vegan Continued

I've been "Raw Vegan" for 3 days now and I love it...consequently I have not thrown up in 3 days either...THIS IS HUGE!!! I feel like I can EAT AND I don't feel I have to throw up!

This is BIG!
BIG!
BIG!
I've noticed my weight has dropped a bit...probably due to a lower sodium diet (water weight loss). Even though I feel like I'm eating more...my weight is dropping. Also the food I'm eating is less calorically dense than my normal diet.

I've been eating apples, mangoes, papaya, tomatoes, organic spinach, broccoli sprouts, hemp seeds, ground flaxeeds, nutritional yeast, red onions, bananas, ground wheat bran, and Silk vanilla light soymilk (this last one is not considered raw because it is pasteurized, but I'm trying to not be as black and white about this as that thought process was SO helpful in my past...) ;)

I'm also still drinking coffee...really shouldn't, but I don't know how else I can survive 10 hour workdays, 6 days a week, getting up at 3am, etc week after week. I can't seem to go to bed early enough to get up at 3 well rested. It's hard to go to bed at 7! I usually get in bed around 11. Latest was 1:35am...death.

Woah tangent there.

Anyway. Cravings.

I am craving some foods that I cannot have...specifically barbecue potato chips. I have no idea why, but I am craving those right now.

Today I've eaten: 1 banana; 2 bowls of sprouts with hemp seeds, ground flaxeeds, nutritional yeast, sea salt/pepper, cumin; 1/2 cup wheat bran with vanilla light soymilk and an apple sliced up in it; 1 mango. And lots of water.

It's so much easier to increase calories when the food is really good for you.

No comments: