Friday, August 20, 2010

Raw Veganism

well I've been toying with the idea of converting from vegetarianism to veganism for quite a while now and recently I've been reading up on raw foodism and liking what I'm learning. It just seems so pure. I'm sure it's not 100% what I need either, but it's better than what my body's getting right now.

I'd be going from this...
no breakfast
no morning snack
no lunch
no afternoon snack
unhealthy dinner...purged
no late night snack

to this...
FOOD.
more specifically, food that I feel GOOD about eating. Something clicked in me, and I feel good about eating raw.

I'm not even just eating a raw food diet...I'm considered raw VEGAN. Woah big changes, baby!

I'm not 100% compliant with the guidelines, but if you are too strict you will revert back. I still consume soy milk (not raw), coffee (caffeine not allowed), artificial sweetners and refined sugar (both not allowed).

Today I have eaten (AND NOT THROWN UP, MIND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Breakfast: Orange, banana, glass of vanilla light soymilk
Snack: Orange, 2 cups of coffee
Lunch: Organic spinach salad with 1 roma tomato, 1 round cucumber from my parents' garden, sea salt, pepper, and cumin; 1 mango; a glass of vanilla light soymilk, and 2 cups of coffee
Snack: cup of vanilla light soymilk
Dinner: 2 bowls of salad with organich spinach, roma tomatoes, red onions, cumin, sea salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, ground flaxeed, and hempseeds.
Snack: orange and half a glass of vanilla light soymilk

yum. :)

I still feel like I want to snack on something but I think that's psychological hunger as my body has endured quite a bit these past years. I remember reading one way to tell the difference between psychological hunger and actual hunger is if the hunger continues to increase in intensity as you move further away from one meal and closer to another (actual hunger). One giveaway that you're psychologically hungry is if you're suggestible to certain foods that people mention or are eating if you weren't already hungry.

Well, time to end the day on a good note and go to bed early (it's Friday and I need to catch up from this workweek...desperately).

No comments: